Position: Senior Accountant
Job Type: Local Full Time Contract
Reports to: Finance and Administrative Manager, Thailand
Location: Nonthaburi, Thailand
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is an international conservation NGO headquartered at the Bronx Zoo in New York City working to save wildlife and wild lands and to meet global conservation challenges in over 60 countries in Africa, Asia, and the Americas.
WCS Thailand Program has been established since 1997; we are working closely with the Thai government and in cooperated with several academic institutes as well as local and international private organizations to achieve its mission to strengthen the science-based conservation principle, in order to preserve the intact wildlife and wild place in Thailand.
This position reports to the Finance and Administrative Manager – Thailand. This position will liaise closely with the finance/administrative staff and project field team. This position will be based in Nonthaburi, Thailand.
· Working closely with a finance manager and finance team on daily financial and accounting works.
· Coordinate and provide assistance directly to the project teams and regional colleagues for all requirements related finance and accounting.
· Assist in budget planning, grant award management and financial report preparation.
· Ensure that financial transactions are properly updated and systematically recorded.
· Ensure that statements and records comply with laws and regulations.
· Assist in the reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts on monthly basis and at year end.
· Assist in monthly branch cash request and supporting document as required.
· Assist in maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures to the project team.
· Organize work schedules and setting priorities in order to meet deadlines.
The successful candidate must be good in financial and accounting background, and be enthusiastic with participating within groups and project teams. S/he must be self-motivated, honest, active to coordinate with colleagues, can work on multiple tasks, and be able to work under pressure.
· Bachelor degree required. Related program of study such as finance, accounting, or business administration strongly preferred.
· Good command in English language skills.
· Good computer and systems skills required with respect to MS Office applications (Advanced skills in MS Excel required, SAP or equivalent software will be considered)
· High personal integrity, positive thinking and flexible approach to work.
· Attention to detail, deadline-oriented and professional attitude to work.
· Interested in conservation works with international conservation NGO.
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications, should apply by sending an application letter and CV together with the names and contact information of three references to: email@example.com. Please include “Senior Accountant” in the subject line of your email.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, and before June 30, 2019.