Job Type: Local Full Time Contract
Division: Global Conservation Program, Thailand Program
Reports to: Finance and Administrative Manager, Thailand Program
Location: Nonthaburi, Thailand
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is an international conservation NGO headquartered at the Bronx Zoo in New York City working to save wildlife and wild lands and to meet global conservation challenges in over 60 countries in Africa, Asia, and the Americas.
WCS Thailand Program has been established since 1997; we are working closely with the Thai government and in cooperated with several academic institutes as well as local and international private organizations to achieve its mission to strengthen the science-based conservation principle, in order to preserve the intact wildlife and wild place in Thailand.
This position reports to the Finance and Administrative Manager – Thailand program. This position will liaise closely with the finance/administrative staff and project field team. This position will be based in Nonthaburi, Thailand.
- Working closely with a finance team on daily financial and accounting works.
- Coordinates with the project teams on advance request and external contacts on payment request.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, collecting receipts and clearing payments.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information into the system.
- Ensure that financial transactions are properly updated and systematically recorded.
- Responsible for tax and social security payment process related to the programs.
- Keep information confidential and secure them with database backups.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly closing period report.
- Assist in the reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts on monthly basis and at year end.
- Organize work schedules and setting priorities in order to meet deadlines.
The successful candidate must be good in financial and accounting background, and be enthusiastic with participating within the group, colleagues and project teams. S/he must be self-motivated, honest,active to coordinate with the team, can work on multiple tasks, and be able to work under pressure.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other relevant fields.
- Solid knowledge of finance and accounting.
- Very good command in English language skills.
- Very good computer and systems skills required with respect to MS Office applications (Advanced skills in MS Excel and reporting software – SAP or equivalent will be considered)
- High personal integrity, confidentiality, positive thinking and flexible approach to work.
- Attention to detail, deadline-oriented and professional attitude to work.
- Interested in conservation works with international conservation NGO.
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications, should apply by sending an application letter and CV together with the names and contact information of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Accountant” in the subject line of your email.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, and before November 30, 2022.