Site-based Wildlife Crime Intelligence Analyst
WCS Thailand Program
Conservation Program Manager
Full time/ 12-month Fixed Term Contract
Organization name: Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) – Thailand Program
"The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895 as the New York Zoological Society, WCS is a New York-based not-for-profit organization that operates global conservation research through science, supports wildlife management and training programs in Thailand and over 60 other countries worldwide. WCS Thailand Program has been established since 1997; we are working closely with the Thai government and in cooperated with several academic institutes as well as local and international private organizations to achieve its mission to strengthen the science-base conservation principle, in order to preserve the intact wildlife and wild place in Thailand.”
Job position: Site-based Wildlife Crime Intelligence Analyst.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in forestry, biology, environment sciences, or a related undergraduate degree;
- Proficiency with standard office computer software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access);
- Intermediate skills in mapping software (e.g. ArcGIS, ERDAS), navigating and collecting data using GPS technology;
- Previous experience in the forestry/conservation fields
- Technical understanding, attention to detail and thoroughness, strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Must be organized; flexible; adaptable in schedule;
- Be efficient in time management, assigned projects, duties and responsibilities;
- Experience in training government law enforcement staff particularly park rangers and wildlife officers;
- Experience in using of law enforcement databases especially SMART and (ideally SMART Profile or IBM’s i2 software);
- Familiar with and interest in conservation and illegal wildlife trade data;
- An eye for detail and a keen interest and ability to analyze data to recognize connections about different wildlife crime data sources.
- At least 1 year’s relevant experience in the law enforcement, investigative, prosecutorial fields
- Language: English language is essential to effective performance in this position.
- Assist in development of law enforcement technology; SMART Patrol database and SMART Profiles at WCS-TH project sites;
- Assist in compiling information in relation to incidents of poaching, seizures, arrests and investigations in project sites for input into the excel sheet (in both Thai and English-language) ready to be entered in SMART Profile platform;
- Provide support in maintaining law enforcement databases results by setting and enforcing standards and controls by troubleshooting problems;
- Prepare for the database expansion by studying plans and requirements;
- Secure database by developing hardware and software, procedures, and controls;
- Perform other duties as requested by senior management;
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Please note that the above TOR constitutes only the main responsibilities and duties of this position. As WCS Thailand is a flexible organization, staff members are expected to undertake any other tasks that are allocated to them but which are not part of their regular TOR.
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications should apply by emailing an application letter and CV together to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by September 30, 2022 deadline. Please include the “Application for Site-based Wildlife Crime Intelligence Analyst” in the subject line of your email.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview
Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) – Thailand Program
55/295 Muangthong Thani Project 5 Soi 3, Chaengwattana Rd., Bangpood, Pakkred, Nonthaburi 11120
Tel. 02 503 4478 – 9 Fax 02 503 4096
Contact Email: email@example.com