SMART Patrol coordinator (Thap Lan National Park)
WCS Thailand Program
Nonthaburi, Nakhon Ratchasima and Prachin Buri, Thailand
Full time/12-month Fixed Term Contract
Organization name: Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) – Thailand Program
"The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895 as the New York Zoological Society, WCS is a New York-based not-for-profit organization that operates global conservation research through science, supports wildlife management and training programs in Thailand and over 60 other countries worldwide. WCS Thailand Program has been established since 1997; we are working closely with the Thai government and in cooperated with several academic institutes as well as local and international private organizations to achieve its mission to strengthen the science-based conservation principle, in order to preserve the intact wildlife and wild place in Thailand.”
Purpose of the position:
The SMART Patrol Coordinator (Thap Lan National Park) will coordinate the implementation of all SMART patrolling work for WCS Thailand, working under the supervision of Conservation Program Manager and working in close collaboration with the Thap Lan National Park (TLNP) officers and the patrol teams, in addition to a range of government and non-government partners in TLNP and other protected areas Khao Yai-Dong Phayayen Forest Complex.
- Assist in coordinating the planning and implementation of all SMART patrol activities for WCS Thailand and support the improvement of the SMART patrol project in TLNP and other project sites of WCS Thailand program;
- Work closely with government partners to provide support on strategic in-service training for law enforcement officers and provide real-time technical assistance to control the quality of SMART patrol system;
- As needed, assist Conservation Program Manager with the development of monthly and annual report for Law Enforcement units;
- Assist Conservation Program Manager in using the SMART database, lead on the collation, input, management, analysis and backup of data for all law enforcement activities at TLNP;
- Coordinate and support on procurement and deployment of Network Centric and Anti-Poaching System in the Forest Complex Landscape;
- General support the project such as in daily implementing activities and drafting/editing of reports.
Required skills and experience:
- Good coordination, communication, organization and problem-solving skills
- Interested in forestry, wildlife and natural resource conservation.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) and familiarity with databases and data analysis.
- Able to inhabit field and work with rangers in patrolling.
- Basic knowledge and experience with mapping related software (ArcGIS).
- Experience in navigating and collecting data using GPS technology.
- Experience in using of law enforcement databases especially SMART program (will be considered).
- Experience in driving on unimproved dirt roads and working in remote areas (will be considered).
- Good interpersonal skills, punctuality, hard-working, enthusiastic and creativity.
- Able to work independently with remote oversight and under pressure, and to set own work priorities as appropriate with a capacity to meet deadlines;
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in forestry, biology, environment sciences, or related fields.
- Good in listening and speaking English language;
- Working knowledge of standard office computer software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- At least 1 year of work experience in working with law enforcement agencies in Thailand or an NGO/INGO/international organization;
- Knowledge of law enforcement system (e.g. protected area protection system, humans, narcotics, weapons);
Conservation Program Manager
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications, should apply by sending an application letter and CV together with the names and contact information of three references to: email@example.com.
Please include “SMART Patrol coordinator - TLNP” in the subject line of your email. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, and before September 30, 2022.
Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) – Thailand Program
55/295 Muangthong Thani Project 5 Soi 3, Chaengwattana Rd., Bangpood, Pak Kret, Nonthaburi 11120
Tel. 02 503 4478 – 9 Fax 02 503 4096
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WCS is an equal opportunity employer and the organization complies with all employment and labor laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in hiring and ensures that candidates from all backgrounds are fairly and consistently considered during the recruitment process. We are dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value.
The organization provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified candidates. The organization does not discriminate for employment based on age, color, disability, gender identify, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by laws and regulations.