Position: Administrative Officer - WEFCOM Conservation Program
Job Type: Local Part Time Contract
Division: Global Conservation Program, Thailand Program
Reports to: WEFCOM project manager, Thailand Program
Location: Nonthaburi, Thailand
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is a US non-profit, private organization established in 1895 that saves wildlife and wild places by understanding critical issues, crafting science-based solutions, and taking conservation actions that benefit nature and humanity. With more than a century of experience, long-term commitments in dozens of landscapes, presence in more than 60 nations, and experience helping to establish over 150 protected areas across the globe, WCS has amassed the biological knowledge, cultural understanding and partnerships to ensure that vibrant, wild places and wildlife thrive alongside local communities.
WCS Thailand Program has been established since 1997, the program has been working closely with the Thai government agencies and in cooperated with several academic institutes as well as local and international private organizations to achieve its mission to strengthen the science-based conservation principle, in order to preserve the intact wildlife and wild place in Thailand.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Part time staff – Administrative officer will provide support on daily operation work for several days per week to ensure the program administrative activities run efficiently. S/he will help on filling out paperwork, photocopying, responding e-mails, reviewing receipts and verifying payments. Also, performing procurement and purchasing process for the project.
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of WEFCOM project.
- Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, e-mail, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Working with WEFCOM site-coordinators on daily accounting works by reviewing receipts and verifying payments of the project team.
- Assist in performing procurement and purchasing process between project team and office administration team.
- Provides assistance in all job tasks assigned by WEFCOM project manager.
- New graduates, High Vocational Certificate or equivalent education required.
- Fair knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of appropriate software including: Microsoft word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat.
- Good interpersonal, punctual, flexible and be able to work under limited time.
- Interested in conservation works with international conservation NGO.
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications, should apply by sending an application letter and CV together with the names and contact information of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Administrative Officer – Part Time WEFCOM” in the subject line of your email.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, and before June 17, 2022.
WCS is an equal opportunity employer and the organization complies with all employment and labor laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in hiring and ensures that candidates from all backgrounds are fairly and consistently considered during the recruitment process. We are dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value.
The organization provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified candidates. The organization does not discriminate for employment based on age, color, disability, gender identify, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by laws and regulations.