||Finance and Operations Manager
||Regional Business Manager, Greater Mekong
||HR and Administrative Officer
||Muang Thong Thani, Nonthaburi (regional office)
||Global Conservation Program – Greater Mekong region
||One year – Contract Renewal
All Employees in the regional office
Regional Business Manager, Regional Grants Manager, Regional Controller, HR Director Asia/Pacific, Finance Managers, and project staffs of Asia Countries; especially, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam, and Cambodia
Other relevant global and regional focal points to support the activity
|| 0 - 3%
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is a US non-profit, tax-exempt, private organization established in 1895 and based in New York, that saves wildlife and wild places by understanding critical issues, crafting science-based solutions, and taking conservation actions that benefit nature and humanity. With more than a century of experience, long-term commitments in dozens of landscapes, presence in more than 60 nations, and experience helping to establish over 150 protected areas across the globe, WCS has amassed the biological knowledge, cultural understanding and partnerships to ensure that vibrant, wild places and wildlife thrive alongside local communities. In the Greater Mekong has Country Programs in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, and is managed through a dispersed regional network with a small but developing administrative/financial hub in Thailand.
The Finance and Operations Manager will ensure smooth operation of the Nonthaburi regional office, to focus in setting up the office, maintain all of our office's accounting & finance, human resource and overall administration on day-to-day operation, and strategic guidance and advisory. The role will include, but not be limited to, translations, budget management, cashflow management, bookkeeping, expense reporting, developing, implementing, and monitoring policies, tools, procedure, and system to comply with rules and regulations of the Thai government, WCS and donors. This position will supervise the HR and Administrative Officer.
The Finance and Operations Manager will be responsible in the following:
1. Accounting and Finance
- Preparing monthly/quarterly/annually budget projection, budget monitoring, and proposal budget for project to cover the required costs
- Effectively manage the cashflow to meet the monthly cash needed on time
- Operating and managing daily finance and accounting activities, which includes cost allocation, payments, coding, advance, reimbursement, bank fees, petty cash, expense record, and supporting documents.
- Preparing and submitting monthly and year-end closure of accounting reports; bank reconciliations, and balance sheet control accounts reconciliations according to WCS established procedures and deadlines
- Preparing the payroll including taxes, social security and other statutory deductions, and ensuring salary, and other benefits are paid and recovered according to WCS’s established procedures
- Preparing, submitting all reports such as financial statements, taxes report, donor report, etc., and ensuring compliance with laws, regulations, and policies of government, WCS, and donors.
- Maintaining accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures to the project team
- Leading in preparation of internal and external audits, preparing audit responses and ensuring implementation of accepted recommendations
- Coordinating and providing guidance and assistance directly to staff to meet all requirements related finance, accounting, and administrative policy and procedure
2. Human Resources
- Oversee and provide guidance/ direction to the HR and Administrative Officer on expected HR deliverables for the regional office in the following areas:
- Local recruitment, onboarding of new hire, exit management, engagement of consultant etc.
- Changes in International Staff status change is communicated to HR Director Asia/Pacific in timely manner for global processing
- Timely processing of international staff VISA and Work Permit application in adherence with country program guidelines and following the national labor laws.
- Ensure updated HR record such as staff information, timesheet, contracts, and relating staff documents.
- Ensure compliance to WCS policies, and local laws
- Liaise with HR Director Asia/Pacific to coordinate any global HR efforts for local implementation
3. Office and Administrative Organization
- Leading to renew the office registration by preparing and submitting documents required by Government
- Oversee and provide guidance/ direction to the HR and Administrative Officer on expected administrative deliverables for the regional office in the following areas:
- Supporting the regional staffs with administrative functions as requested on a daily basis.
- Creating and maintaining organizational culture and office organization such as all paperwork and documents: physically and digitally, healthy working office environment, office supply management, IT system etc.)
- Ensuring the procurement process complied with rules and regulations of WCS, donors, and country Laws, according to project needs and budget
- Managing asset registration (record, monitor, tracking inventories, disposal, and etc.) in accordance with established procedures
- Assisting to organize business travel, trainings, meeting and seminars as required
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- At least a University Degree in Accounting, and/or relevant discipline, preferably someone with CPD, CPA or Professional ACCA
- Minimum 5 years of working experience (finance, accounting, human resources, admin). Experience with an international organization is added advantage
- Computer and systems skills required with respect to MS Office applications (advanced skills in MS Excel required) and major financial accounting and reporting software (SAP or equivalent)
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written skills in English, to international standards
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and be comfortable participating both as an effective individual contributor and as a leader and listener
- Must have significant attention to detail, be well organized, self-motivated, honest, resourceful, effective and efficient at multitasking
- Receptive to building and maintaining positive relationships with people from all backgrounds, genders, cultures and viewpoints.
- Flexibility to work overlapping hours with teams located in different time zones
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications, should apply by sending an application letter and CV together with the names and contact information of three references, current salary, and expected salary to email@example.com latest by 30th September 2022. Please include the “Finance and Operations Manager, Regional Office” in the subject line of your email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. The job will be filled when a suitable applicant is found, so interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
WCS is an equal opportunity employer and the organization complies with all employment and labor laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in hiring and ensures that candidates from all backgrounds are fairly and consistently considered during the recruitment process. We are dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value. The organization provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified candidates. The organization does not discriminate for employment based on age, color, disability, gender identify, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by laws and regulations