||SMART Advisor – Marine Program
||Contractual Service (6 months contract)
||Global Conservation Program, Thailand Program
||Marine Project Manager
||Bangkok and project sites (Phangnga, Trang, Phuket), Thailand
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is a US non-profit, private organization established in 1895 that saves wildlife and wild places by understanding critical issues, crafting science-based solutions, and taking conservation actions that benefit nature and humanity. With more than a century of experience, long-term commitments in dozens of landscapes, presence in more than 60 nations, and experience helping to establish over 150 protected areas across the globe, WCS has amassed the biological knowledge, cultural understanding and partnerships to ensure that vibrant, wild places and wildlife thrive alongside local communities.
WCS Thailand Program has been established since 1997, the program has been working closely with the Thai government agencies and in cooperated with several academic institutes as well as local and international private organizations to achieve its mission to strengthen the science-based conservation principle, in order to preserve the intact wildlife and wild place in Thailand.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The SMART Advisor will support WCS Marine Program Manager to facilitate building strong professional partnerships with key government partners and cross-sector partners for marine conservation and marine protected area works for WCS Thailand, working under the supervision of Marine Project Manager.
- Support WCS Marine Program Manager in the development and delivery of the MPA Project in terms of strategy, planning, key targets, partners, agendas, reports, and presentations.
- Assist WCS Marine Program Manager in preparation of workshops and meetings related to programmatic and project activities.
- Responsible for day-to-day operation and coordination for all MPA project activities including surveys, coordination, stakeholder engagement and development of communication materials
- Support WCS Marine Program Manager in compiling data on marine protected areas in Thailand and relevant future development initiatives for examples, Marine Spatial Planning and Ocean Accounting.
- Represent WCS Marine Program Manager in relevant meetings and support coordination in project implementation.
- Undertakes other tasks relevant to the project and Thailand Program as appropriate.
POSITION AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENT:
- Be educated to undergraduate degree level in a relevant subject such as science, social sciences, conservation biology or equivalent qualification or have equivalent level of work experience in a relevant field.
- Extensive professional experience in marine and coastal environment and a successful track record in conducting field works and public consultation.
- Have excellent communication skills with a proven experience developing high quality content for marine conservation and marine protected area issues
- Prior experience in coordinating projects, managing budgets and administrative works for project implementation.
- Proven ability to work effectively with multi-agency teams with a record of successful working relationships with the relevant agencies.
- Well-developed skills in using MS office packages, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- An ability to travel to project sites for extended periods of time, as needed.
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications, should apply by sending an application letter and CV together with the names and contact information of three references to: email@example.com. Please include “SMART Advisor – Marine program” in the subject line of your email.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, and before December 31, 2022.
WCS is an equal opportunity employer and the organization complies with all employment and labor laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in hiring and ensures that candidates from all backgrounds are fairly and consistently considered during the recruitment process. We are dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value.
The organization provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified candidates. The organization does not discriminate for employment based on age, color, disability, gender identify, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by laws and regulations.