WEFCOM Project Coordinator
WCS Thailand Program
WEFCOM Project Manager
Nonthaburi and Uthai Thani, Thailand
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is an international conservation NGO headquartered at the Bronx Zoo in New York City working to save wildlife and wild lands and to meet global conservation challenges in over 60 countries in Africa, Asia, and the Americas.
WCS Thailand Program has been established since 1997; we are working closely with the Thai government and in cooperated with several academic institutes as well as local and international private organizations to achieve its mission to strengthen the science-based conservation principle, in order to preserve the intact wildlife and wild place in Thailand.
Purpose of the position:
WEFCOM Project Coordinator will coordinate the implementation of SMART patrol and monitoring activities for WCS Thailand, working under the supervision of WEFCOM Project Manager and working in close collaboration with the WCS site-coordinators and teams, in addition to a range of government and non-government partners.
- Assist Project manager in coordinate the planning, implementation of all SMART patrol and wildlife monitoring activities in WEFCOM.
- Assist in project’s overview with Project manager and provide support to the field teams on the project’s requirement.
- As needed, assist Project manager in drafting of proposal preparation, technical reports, and donor reports.
- Assist in following up with the team on the progress of activities implementation and keep tracking on the project budget and expenditure.
- Coordinate and support on procurement process and procedure for the project’s requirement.
- General support to the project as assigned by the Project Manager.
Position and Qualifications Requirement:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in forestry, biology, environment sciences, or related fields.
- Good English language skills.
- Good communication, coordination, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Interested in forestry, wildlife, and natural resource conservation.
- Able to inhabit field and work with field staff together.
- Experience in navigating and collecting data using GPS technology.
- Ability to work independently with remote oversight and under pressure, and to set own work priorities as appropriate with a capacity to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use of standard office computer software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
- Experience in field survey (will be considered).
- Experience in driving on unimproved dirt roads and working in remote areas (will be considered).
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications, should apply by sending an application letter and CV together with the names and contact information of three references to: email@example.com. Please include “WEFCOM Project Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, and before January 31, 2023.
WCS is an equal opportunity employer and the organization complies with all employment and labor laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in hiring and ensures that candidates from all backgrounds are fairly and consistently considered during the recruitment process. We are dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value.
The organization provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified candidates. The organization does not discriminate for employment based on age, color, disability, gender identify, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by laws and regulations.