||Finance and Operations Consultant
||Regional Business Manager, Greater Mekong and South Asia
||Muang Thong Thani, Nonthaburi (regional office)
||Global Conservation Program – Greater Mekong and South Asia
||Consultant (7.5 months)
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is a US non-profit, tax-exempt, private organization established in 1895 and based in New York, that saves wildlife and wild places by understanding critical issues, crafting science-based solutions, and taking conservation actions that benefit nature and humanity. With more than a century of experience, long-term commitments in dozens of landscapes, presence in more than 60 nations, and experience helping to establish over 150 protected areas across the globe, WCS has amassed the biological knowledge, cultural understanding and partnerships to ensure that vibrant, wild places and wildlife thrive alongside local communities. The Greater Mekong and South Asia has Country Programs in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, Bangladesh and India is managed through a dispersed regional network with a small but developing administrative/financial hub in Thailand.
Scope of Work
Summary: WCS Asia Regional office is seeking for the Finance and Operations Consultant who will ensure the operation of the Nonthaburi regional office be setting up and running smooth from the local policy development, process, procedure workflow, manual, system, and tools for operation implementation, monitoring, maintenance to filing system. The operation will include, but not be limited to finance and accounting (bookkeeping budget, cashflow, bookkeeping, payroll, asset management, expense, report, etc.), human resource, procurement, and office general management to comply with rules and regulations of the Thai government, WCS and donors.
Scope of Work/Activities/Tasks
Assignment will be completed between February 1st, 2023 – September 30th , 2023
In order to fulfil the duties and responsibilities identified in the Summary, the Consultant shall:
1. Accounting and Finance
- Set up Finance and Accounting policy, process, and procedure workflow, manual, tools, and system to comply with rules and regulations of the Thai government, WCS and donors
- Ensure the operation implementing running smoothly
- Provide training and guidance/direction to new finance and operation manager and finance and accounting officer on the task and responsibility.\\
2. Human Resources
- Set up human resource policy, process & procedure workflow, manual, tools, and system
- Provide training guidance/ direction to the HR and Administrative Officer on expected HR deliverables for the regional office in the following areas:
- Improve the new staff kits / training package
- Create international staff VISA and Work Permit workflow with country program guidelines and following the national labor laws.
- Ensure having tools, and system to updated HR record such as staff information, timesheet, contracts, and relating staff documents.
3. Office and Administrative Organization
- Setting up overall office and administrative local policy, process, procedure, workflow, and manual such as procurement, travel approval, asset inventory/asset list, and filing system
- Provide training and guidance/ direction to the HR and Administrative Officer on expected administrative deliverables for the regional office in the following areas:
- Ensuring the procurement policy process and procedure, according to project needs and budget
- Ensuring the travel policy process and procedure
- Managing asset registration (record, monitor, tracking inventories, disposal, etc.) in accordance with established procedures
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time to ensure smoothly setting up and operation
- At least a University Degree in Accounting, and/or relevant discipline, preferably someone with CPD, CPA or Professional ACCA
- Minimum 5 years of working experience (finance, accounting, human resources, admin). Experience with an international organization is added advantage
- Computer and systems skills required with respect to MS Office applications (advanced skills in MS Excel required) and major financial accounting and reporting software (SAP or equivalent)
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written skills in English, to international standards
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and be comfortable participating both as an effective individual contributor and as a leader and listener
- Must have significant attention to detail, be well organized, self-motivated, honest, resourceful, effective and efficient at multitasking
- Receptive to building and maintaining positive relationships with people from all backgrounds, genders, cultures and viewpoints.
- Flexibility to work overlapping hours with teams located in different time zones
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications, should apply by sending an application letter and CV together with the names and contact information of three references, and proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 31st January 2023. Please include the “Finance and Operations Consultant, Regional Office” in the subject line of your email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. The job will be filled when a suitable applicant is found, so interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
WCS is an equal opportunity employer and the organization complies with all employment and labor laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in hiring and ensures that candidates from all backgrounds are fairly and consistently considered during the recruitment process. We are dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value. The organization provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified candidates. The organization does not discriminate for employment based on age, color, disability, gender identify, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by laws and regulations