Position: Administrative Officer
Job Type: Local Full Time Contract
Division: Global Conservation Program, Thailand Program
Reports to: Finance and Administrative Manager, Thailand Program
Location: Nonthaburi, Thailand
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is a US non-profit, private organization established in 1895 that saves wildlife and wild places by understanding critical issues, crafting science-based solutions, and taking conservation actions that benefit nature and humanity. With more than a century of experience, long-term commitments in dozens of landscapes, presence in more than 60 nations, and experience helping to establish over 150 protected areas across the globe, WCS has amassed the biological knowledge, cultural understanding and partnerships to ensure that vibrant, wild places and wildlife thrive alongside local communities.
WCS Thailand Program has been established since 1997, the program has been working closely with the Thai government agencies and in cooperated with several academic institutes as well as local and international private organizations to achieve its mission to strengthen the science-based conservation principle, in order to preserve the intact wildlife and wild place in Thailand.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Administrative Officer will perform all administrative and clerical duties necessary for effective office management. Main roles and responsibilities include providing assistance the administrative manager on taking care of more general clerical duties, day-to-day task management within an organization, organizing office records, receiving and forwarding communications, coordinate with operating team and project field teams on administrative assigned and requirements.
- Answer daily incoming calls and make outgoing calls and responsible for sending e-mail with valuable information to inquiries.
- Organize a filing system for important and confidential office documents.
- Issue Letter-out and keep record of Letter-in for the organization.
- Maintain an office calendar and related schedule appointments.
- Answer queries by co-workers and exernal contacts and facilitate the project team’s requirement.
- Arrange travel and accommodation as assigned
- Maintain and update office database (HR, office asset, insurance, etc.)
- Assist in procurement and purchasing process with the procurement officer.
- Assist in content proof and edition for printing and other publications in correspondences with WCS-Thailand upon request such as annual reports, manuals, brochures, posters and website.
- Working closely with the operation team and assist all tasks as assigned.
POSITION AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENT:
The successful candidate must be excellent in written and oral communication skills and be enthusiastic within the operation and the project field teams. S/he must be proactive, self-motivated, and be able to accomplish the challenging.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any related fields (English and Administrative management is preferable).
- Solid knowledge of office procedures.
- Having strong organization skills and be able to well manage and follow the office procedures with a problem-solving attitude.
- Very good command in English language skills.
- Experience with office management software like MS Office (MS word, excel, etc.)
- Be proactive, punctual, prioritizing, good communication skill and demonstrated ability to work with a diverse team.
- Good interpersonal, flexible, and be able to work under pressure and limited time.
- Interested in conservation works with international conservation NGO.
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications, should apply by sending an application letter and CV together with the names and contact information of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Administrative Officer” in the subject line of your email.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, and before February 28, 2023.
WCS is an equal opportunity employer, and the organization complies with all employment and labor laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in hiring and ensures that candidates from all backgrounds are fairly and consistently considered during the recruitment process. We are dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value.
The organization provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified candidates. The organization does not discriminate for employment based on age, color, disability, gender identify, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by laws and regulations.