||Tenasserim Landscape Manager
||WCS Thailand Program
||Thailand Country Director
||Up to 30% within project sites in Thailand and occasional trip beyond the country
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is an international conservation NGO headquartered at the Bronx Zoo in New York City working to save wildlife and wild lands and to meet global conservation challenges in over 60 countries in Africa, Asia, and the Americas.
WCS Thailand Program has been established since 1997; we are working closely with the Thai government and in cooperated with several academic institutes as well as local and international private organizations to achieve its mission to strengthen the science-based conservation principle, in order to preserve the intact wildlife and wild place in Thailand.
Purpose of the position:
Manage grant proposals and reporting and relationships with donors, protected area managers, and WCS’s project managers to improve the effectiveness of conservation interventions implemented in the Tenasserim Landscape, i.e., Western (WEFCOM) and Kaeng Krachan Forest Complexes (KKFC).
- Communicate and develop relationships with grant donors and protected area managers.
- Develop and manage grant proposals and reports to support conservation interventions in the Tenasserim Landscape, including associated reports and other materials.
- Plan and manage budget for each activity with the Financial Manager and Project Managers to ensure that all budgets would be spent effectively.
- Supervise and support as direct line of all Project Managers in WEFCOM and KKFC who are responsible for conservation projects within the Tenasserim Landscape to ensure that all objectives would be achieved.
- Visit project sites to monitor activity progress and participate in important conservation events organized in the landscape.
Position and Qualifications Requirement:
- A post-graduate qualification in conservation biology, wildlife conservation, or natural resource management is preferable.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Thai language skills.
- Experience in writing grant proposals for conservation projects
- Experience in managing conservation projects or natural resources management in Thailand.
- Experience in working with government law enforcement staff, particularly park rangers and wildlife officers.
- Experience in driving and working in remote areas.
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications, should apply by sending an application letter and CV together with the names and contact information of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Tenasserim Landscape Manager” in the subject line of your email.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, and before April 30, 2023.
WCS is an equal opportunity employer and the organization complies with all employment and labor laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in hiring and ensures that candidates from all backgrounds are fairly and consistently considered during the recruitment process. We are dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value.
The organization provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified candidates. The organization does not discriminate for employment based on age, color, disability, gender identify, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by laws and regulations.