Position: Project Coordinator of the Wildlife Conservation in Kaeng Krachan
Division: WCS Thailand Program
Reports to: Kaeng Krachan Site Manager
Location: Nonthaburi, Petchburi and Prachaubkhirikan Thailand
Job Type: Full time
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is an international conservation NGO headquartered at the Bronx Zoo in New York City working to save wildlife and wild lands and to meet global conservation challenges in over 60 countries in Africa, Asia, and the Americas.
WCS Thailand Program has been established since 1997; we are working closely with the Thai government and in cooperated with several academic institutes as well as local and international private organizations to achieve its mission to strengthen the science-based conservation principle, in order to preserve the intact wildlife and wild place in Thailand.
Purpose of the position:
Project Coordinator will coordinate with Site Manager and Site Coordinators to ensure that all conservation interventions in Kaeng Krachan Landscape are implemented properly and will achieve all goals as planned, particularly for the improvement of Human-elephant conflict (HEC) database. Other interventions include law enforcement monitoring using Spatial Monitoring and Reporting Tool (SMART) and nature education campaigns.
- Assist Site Manager in coordinating with site coordinators, park authorities, and other partners/stakeholders.
- Maintain and improve HEC database to report in near real-time.
- Assist in monitoring implementation of all activities and compiling information in relation to project activities for technical reports.
- Assist Site Manager in budget planning, monitor expenditure, and manage procurement with the procurement unit.
- Other relevant tasks as assigned by the Site Manager.
Position and Qualifications Requirement:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in forestry, biology, environment sciences, or related fields.
- Passionate and good understanding in conservation.
- Good English language skills.
- Good communication, coordination, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work in remote site or independently with remote oversight, setting own work priorities to meet all deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use of standard office computer software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience in field survey and database management for biological research (will be considered).
- Driving license holder who has experience in driving over rough terrain or in remote areas (will be considered).
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications, should apply by sending an application letter and CV together with the names and contact information of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include “Project Coordinator of the Wildlife Conservation in Kaeng Krachan Landscape Project” in the subject line of your email. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, and before August 31, 2023.
WCS is an equal opportunity employer, and the organization complies with all employment and labor laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in hiring and ensures that candidates from all backgrounds are fairly and consistently considered during the recruitment process. We are dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value.
The organization provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified candidates. The organization does not discriminate for employment based on age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by laws and regulations.